Home Composers Top 100 Top 200 Top Themes
About Forums YouTubeYouTube FacebookFacebook TwitterTwitter

Gounod

Start here.

Gounod

Postby calmflow » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:53 pm

Hi all,
Question for you,

The famous piece 'Funeral March Of A Marionette' by Gounod has great fame as the 'Alfred Hiichcock presents' theme. (which i was unaware of until last week)

I however heard it first many many years ago in a 2D game, and for the life of me i cannot find it or remember its' name, all i have to go on is a vague image in my mind.

The scene i have is of a plane being unloaded by some careless luggage handlers onto a conveyor belt, some suitcases burst open, others bounce and evey now and then a caged animal comes down the belt.

The song would be played during this scene.

Does anyone know what game i am talking about, because i sure as eggs don't and eveytime i hear that piece of music it reminds me of that game.

Hoping you can help me uncover this mystery.
calmflow

Re: Gounod

Postby joekerjr » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:30 pm

It's the opening music for both Shamus and Pepper II

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=462gHP5HZlY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTonDuNE2qo&translated=1

Unfortunately, neither of those is a baggage claim game. The only one of those I can think of is "Lost Luggage" which doesn't have music in it.
joekerjr

Re: Gounod

Postby calmflow » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:00 pm

No, neither of those, though thankyou for the help.

Maybe 2D was the wrong description, it's not like a modern 3D game but maybe it was an early 3D game (not first person).

My younger brother reminded me that you seem to be chasing or racing some guy called Pierre or something like that, flying all across the world.

I played this game growing up in the early 90's though it could have been older.

sorry, i know this adds more to the soup of confusion.

Thanks Again.
calmflow

Return to General Discussion