Forums
Home Composers Top 100 Top 200 Top Themes
About Forums YouTubeYouTube FacebookFacebook TwitterTwitter

Changes In The Top 100?!

Start here.

Changes In The Top 100?!

Postby Korados » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:05 pm

Hello everybody,

some weeks ago, I visited the youtube channel of Kickassclassical to watch the complete Top 100 list and noticed that you' made changes and I have to admit that this wasn't a good idea as you "fixed" a chart list and in my opinion you can't just change a fixed list!

So my question is, why did you do that?
Korados

Re: Changes In The Top 100?!

Postby kickassclassical » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:03 pm

Good question, thanks for asking.

The Kickass Classical Top 100 list is essentially a chart of classical music based on its exposure in pop culture. While some charts like Top 40 change every week, our chart has had one change - 10 percent - in 7 years. So while it's not necessarily a fixed list, we feel it's pretty stable :)

We developed the Kickass Classical Top 100 list over the period of 4 years, from 2004-2008. In 2011, after an additional 3 years of research, we changed 10 titles.

Some pieces were moved to the Kickass Classical Top 200, some to the Kickass Classical Top Themes list.

We feel the small changes in the list were an improvement, and necessary before re-publishing the list to YouTube in one video.
kickassclassical
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion