Classical Music - Popular, Famous, Best, Top 100 - Kickass Classical
  Forums
Home Composers Top 100 Top 200 Top Themes
About Forums YouTubeYouTube FacebookFacebook TwitterTwitter

Wake-Up Music On Denver KVOD Morning Show?

What's that classical music I heard?

Wake-Up Music On Denver KVOD Morning Show?

Postby LoriS » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:39 pm

Many years ago when I lived in Denver, the classical music station, KVOD, opened the show with an orchestral piece that seems to "describe" a sunrise. It begins with unison strings, an ascending scale around the dominant. It seems Scandinavian, like Sibelius, but I don't know the piece. I used to wake up to it as a kid and would love to have it on my Ipod for an unalarming alarm--so much better than either the Grieg or Rossini suggested in earlier posts.
Thanks!
LoriS

Re: Wake-Up Music On Denver KVOD Morning Show?

Postby kickassclassical » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:15 pm

Hi LoriS,

We got ahold of KVOD on twitter and here's what they said...

Likely the theme of the old KVOD overnight show that ended @ 6am. The 1st or 2nd Romanian Rhapsody by Georges Enescu.

Hope it helps. Enjoy!
kickassclassical
Site Admin

Return to What's That Classical Music?