Classical Music - Popular, Famous, Best, Top 100 - Kickass Classical
  Forums
Home Composers Top 100 Top 200 Top Themes
About Forums YouTubeYouTube FacebookFacebook TwitterTwitter

Rare Exports Inc. End Song?

What's that classical music I heard?

Rare Exports Inc. End Song?

Postby rymdrattan » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:21 pm

Please help me out with this one guys(and girls?).

I've been passively looking for this song about 4years and actively for about 10hourse combined perhaps. And let me till you; that's a lot och time spent just searching constantly for a single sentence that tells what song and composer it is.

I've heard it on one or two different occasions, and the one I remember and can produce a link to is from a Finnish short film from woodpecker studios about Santa Claus. And a really well made film too.

So do anyone of you pro's on this forum know the name of the song and/or composer that starts at 4:18 in this youtube video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUiDDWi8k1o

The song at the start would also be nice to have but not a must for me. It might be one act of the composition though; they sound very much alike.

Eternal gratitude to anyone who can help me out!

/Mvh räven
rymdrattan

Re: Rare Exports Inc. End Song?

Postby kickassclassical » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:05 pm

First of all, thank you for subjecting us to images of an old naked fat man... running. Seriously, we've gotta go wash our eyes out now with the latest Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition. But it was funny!

Second, because of the nature of the music, and because no composer was listed in the credits of the short film, we suspected that the music was... once again... production music.

And of course, we're right. But this time - and if you read the link above you know how rare this is - we actually know where it's from.

The two pieces you are asking about come from Extreme Music. The producers of "Rare Exports Inc." used tracks from the Extreme Music "Directors Cuts" CD titled "Fantasy" to score the film, including the track "Ancient Crystal" at the beginning, and the track "Mystic Tryst" at the end.

To hear these for yourself, follow these steps:

Go to http://www.extrememusic.com
Click "Get Trax"
Click "Directors Cuts"
Click "Album Name"
Click "DCD008 - Fantasy"

And then select your tracks:

"Ancient Crystal"
"Mystic Tryst"

By the way, "Mystic Tryst" was also used earlier this year in the DirectTV commercial "Forward." It debuted during Super Bowl XXXIX, and features a boy growing into an old man while walking through rooms where TV shows from the various stages of his life are playing, with the slogan "It's time to rethink TV."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMz5t4Uqs30

And we think it's very reminiscent of John Williams' "Hedwig's Theme," better known as the Harry Potter theme, composed in 2001 for the first Harry Potter film. (Extreme Music's "Directors Cuts" "Fantasy" CD was released in 2002.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhTU7_mipB0

Finally, check out the website of the composer of "Ancient Crystal" and "Mystic Tryst," Jim Dooley. He's done some other great stuff!

Enjoy!
kickassclassical
Site Admin

Re: Rare Exports Inc. End Song?

Postby rymdrattan » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:30 pm

DAMN! You ARE GOOD!

I'm actually really impressed since I am sort of a self proclaimed googlemaster. :D

All my gratitude to you compadré!!!

ps. sorry about the old naked dude .ds ;)
rymdrattan

Return to What's That Classical Music?