Classical Music - Popular, Famous, Best, Top 100 - Kickass Classical
  Forums
Home Composers Top 100 Top 200 Top Themes
About Forums YouTubeYouTube FacebookFacebook TwitterTwitter

BBC Power Of Art...

What's that classical music I heard?

BBC Power Of Art...

Postby KLVTZ » Sat May 28, 2011 1:20 am

Please help a fellow lover of classical music...

Before i ask my question i wanted to elaborate the immense Joy this website has bring in my quest of amazing classical music

What i wanted to ask, was for your help. I recently watched a BBC Documentary on Art, it was entitled "Simon Schama's Power of Art" it featured an array of classical music that harmonizes with the documentary. However, it seems i can't figure out the name to two songs on one Episode. It was Episode 2 entitled "Bernini." If you can, can you tell me what songs are at the following - Just follow the links and it should take you to the exact point in the video where the song comes up. There are two songs, 1 in each, that i would love for you to help me find the name and artist to them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5P0LxeT0Lk#t=4m42s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izw05S-c2qU&feature=related#t=5m14s

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME & EFFORT

Sincerely,
KLVTZ
KLVTZ

Re: BBC Power Of Art...

Postby KLVTZ » Mon May 30, 2011 1:27 am

...It's breaking my heart realizing this may be harder than i expected; hopefully someone will figure this out for me :|
KLVTZ

Postby kickassclassical » Mon May 30, 2011 11:42 pm

We're sorry to say, it's nothing that jumps out at us... or our wide variety of Twitter peeps. Definitely sounds Vivaldi-ish, or like music in that style and era, but nothing so far. Wish we could be of more help!
kickassclassical
Site Admin

Postby Mikes » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:53 pm

Oh, I love to see this topic here!

I had a massive problem with piece which starts this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYIQ0IoMDn0

And believe me or not, I have emailed Simon Schama who works on Columbia University right now. Unfortunetaly he has never answered and it seems like he is not going to( it was about 4 months ago.) If anyone could help with the Power of Art music one of the biggest mysteries of my life would be revealed :)

Good luck
Mikes

Postby KLVTZ » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:27 pm

Thank you for contributing your efforts. I know i am not the only one that strives to know the music from the show. In fact, i have the urge to get in contact with the producers or sound engineers that work on the show. I already contacted BBC (Which were nice enough to reply to my demanding question) and unfortunately they couldn't answer directly. They directed me to some great information that was used on the show but non pertained to my question. Most of the songs on the show i assume follow one composer. For example, i know that the names i want from my question are composed by Vivaldi -the other songs that i was able to find were indeed composed by him. Therefore, i can only assume that it is indeed Vivaldi who composed these songs. However, finding the name to it can be quite difficult, due to the fact of how many songs he has composed.
Also, i was able to find this little gem on the net. It has some listing in it where users where asking what songs where featured on certain shows. They where able to answer some of Bernini, Rembrandt and others, check it out!
http://ricklibrarian.blogspot.com/2007/07/simon-schamas-power-of-art.html
Scroll down to the comments and some of the music should be listed in the users comments.
To everyone else, please if you have the slightest idea or just the name of one of the songs, please at least post a reply -you can only imagine the great significance your contributions would make to these questions that seem so hard to answer.

Thank you!
KLVTZ

Postby Mikes » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:18 am

any success?
Mikes

Postby Mikes » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:38 pm

Ok, I talked to the composer of some pieces. Guys who actually composed music for the Power of Art dont have copyrights and cannot share it, so chances of finding them in the internet approaches zero.
They also dont know "the classical" composer whose music was used in the series. It seems like finding anymore will be really really hard.
Mikes

Postby Ke lin » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:03 am

Hi

For the David epsoid the list of the pieces are

1. Mozart Masonic funeral music
2. Vivaldi salve Regina rv616
3. Mozart mass in c minor
4. Vivaldi nisi dominus cum dederit
5. Mozart the magic flute
6. Mozart the marriage of figaro
7. There is only one piece I can't identify it sounds like a mass yet I looked at all masses by Mozart Beethoven Cherubini Mendelssohn belioz Schubert spohr etc and just can't find it. Any one can help?
Ke lin

Postby Ke lin » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:43 pm

I finally found the choral piece.

It is requiem by Michael Haydn. Fantastic Music.
Ke lin

Postby KLVTZ » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:10 am

Thank you everyone for contributing to this discussion. Hopefully one day the composers will share the names of these beautiful pieces so that we can enjoy the entire song, and not simply the 15 secs they let us have on the show :D
KLVTZ

Return to What's That Classical Music?