Classical Music - Popular, Famous, Best, Top 100 - Kickass Classical
  Forums
Home Composers Top 100 Top 200 Top Themes
About Forums YouTubeYouTube FacebookFacebook TwitterTwitter

Does Anybody Know This Song?

What's that classical music I heard?

Does Anybody Know This Song?

Postby mailliw102 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:42 pm

I've had this song in my head for a long time, I guess it's sort of a classical piece since I'm pretty sure the instrument playing this part is a violin. I heard it at a movie theater during the waiting before the movie and I was never able to find out what it was so I made a quick Guitar pro project so that people can hear it out and maybe tell me what it is :)

Here's the link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK6NwxKTZzY

Hope someone can identify it :D

Have a good summer!
mailliw102

Re: Does Anybody Know This Song?

Postby NCF » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:32 pm

So I was was sitting a computer today running Windows 7 and decided to listen to the sample songs on Windows Media Player. The first one I selected was called "Kalimba", which was odd because I didn't hear anything that sounded like a kalimba in its orchestration. At least, I didn't at first. I sat in anticipation of hearing the chime of the African thumb piano for about two minutes of repetition until, undoubtedly, the little instrument saw its introduction. A minute later the strings came in but then dropped out shortly after. Upon their return after about another minute's time, what I heard brought about some excitement for me having read this post, listened to the music in the Youtube video, and been totally stumped. Alas, the notes were deceiving. This Mr. Scruff herein composed a few measures that sounded like your tune, mate, but ended rather differently.

Anyone else have a clue?
Nathan
NCF

Postby mailliw102 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:08 am

I listened to the whole thing and the first notes of that string part definitely sound the same as my tune even though it was not it. I don't know why I can't remember any other part of the song... for all I know, it could be a local tune which would make it that much harder to find.

Anyway, thank you for trying, I really appreciate it :D
mailliw102

Postby mailliw102 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:11 pm

Hey! Someone just posted a comment on my youtube video, and he had the right song :) I came back here to thank you for looking and for posting a link just in case it might interest you to hear it :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Snz8BlWt5GA

Thanks again!

Bye!
mailliw102

Postby NCF » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:41 am

Yes! I am still interested, so thank you for sharing this. It's a good thing this Youtuber got it, because I would not have despite the fact that I own a copy of the Amelie soundtrack. From your description and the sound of your synthesized clip I was thinking of trailer music for action films! Anyhow, I really like the folk instruments used by Yann Tiersen including the accordion and the kinderklavier.

Another case closed!
Nathan
NCF

Return to What's That Classical Music?