Forums
Home Composers Top 100 Top 200 Top Themes
About Forums YouTubeYouTube FacebookFacebook TwitterTwitter

Please Help Me Name This Classical Piece

What's that classical music I heard?

Please Help Me Name This Classical Piece

Postby sniff001 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:51 am

Hello everyone, :)
I'm new to this site and hoping somebody may be able to help me identify a well known classical track which can be heard in "The Duke at 90" documentary about Prince Philip which aired on BBC1 this thursday. The documentary is on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WDjPPy9tsk and the classical piece I would like help in identifying starts at 13 minutes 33 seconds into this video. Please help me put a name to this piece of music!!

Thanks,

Jamie :D
sniff001

Re: Please Help Me Name This Classical Piece

Postby NCF » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:42 pm

Hi Jamie,

The piece you hear at 13:33 starts at 12:51 and is known as "Clair de Lune", the renowned third movement of Suite bergamasque written by the French Romantic era composer Claude Debussy. I believe you can find an except or two of this movement on this website's top 100 list.

This video particularly caught my attention as it opens with another one of my favorites: a remix of "The Mission" - a remix itself - from the album "Movie Masterpieces". This track combines several themes composed by the masterful Ennio Morricone for Roland Joffé's film The Mission.

Furthermore, research has revealed to me that music from The Sims 3 is also in there, and a little ditty called "Elizabethan Serenade" can be heard at the beginning the part 2 video. Towards the end of it, I picked up on an except from "The Dance of the Knights", a piece from Sergei Prokofiev's ballet Romeo and Juliet. I'd be interested if any other members can identify any more of the numerous numbers in either the part 1 or part 2 video.

Cheers,
Nathan
NCF

Return to What's That Classical Music?